About Canada Post
Canada Post, also previously known as Royal Mail Canada (operating name of the Post Office Department of the Canadian government founded in 1867). In the late 1960s, the postal corporation changed its name to Canada Post.
With the aim of becoming a leader in offering the latest delivery solutions as well as bringing the best experience to customers, Canada Post has been working on building relationships with all customers, partners, suppliers, and shareholders. Driven by innovation, Canada Post practices transparency and trust with their customers to ensure that all Canadians feel safe using Canada Post’s services.
As the primary postal service in Canada, Canada Post is responsible for shipping 8.4 billion mail items to over roughly 16 million addresses in both domestic and international areas. With 25,000 dedicated carriers, Canada Post Corporation offers customers with traditional "to the door" service as well as centralized delivery. More than 6,200 post offices across the country, a combination of corporate offices and private franchises that are run by retailers, such as drugstores.
Canada Post Tracking
Parcel Monitor’s Canada Post parcel tracking tool allows you to perform Canada Post international post tracking and domestic parcel tracking. To track your domestic and international Canada Post packages, all you need is a Canada parcel tracking number. Once you’ve entered your parcel tracking number, you will be informed of any updates on your parcel delivery status. If you do not know where your Canada Post tracking number is, please find out on your receipt, package, delivery notice card, etc.
Do note that for inbound Registered Mail International, Small Packet USA – Air, Small Packet International – Air, and Small Packet™ International – Surface, Canada Post tracking is currently unavailable.
Canada Post tracking also offers Automatic Tracking for all packages. This is a free delivery featured offered by Canada Post tracking. All Canada Post packages that are addressed to you, and to your FlexDelivery address will be automatically added to your logged in Canada Post track list. This means that you can also opt in to receive notifications for these packages and select a preferred drop-off location for your packages.
Once you subscribe for Automatic Tracking, you will receive Canada Post tracking notification emails when:
- You have a Canada Post packages being sent to you
- Unforeseen delivery interruption has caused a delay in delivery
- You have outstanding duty and taxes to be paid
- Your package is out for delivery, ready for pickup at a post office or delivered to a residence, mailbox, or parcel locker
Where is my Canada Post tracking number?
Your tracking number is either located on your receipt or directly on the package. Only the sender has access to the tracking number. Canada Post does not keep a record of tracking numbers.
Canada Post package tracking number comprises 16 unique numeric numbers or 13 numeric and alphabetic numbers ending with CA. If you send your package with PriorityTM, XpresspostTM, and Regular ParcelTM services, the Canada parcel tracking number can be seen at the bottom of your tracking receipt. Meanwhile, if you utilize the Canada Post service to ship goods to the USA or internationally, the tracking number is often found on your copy of the shipping label as well as on your receipt. Normally, the Canada Post tracking number includes a random of 11 or 13 alphanumeric characters with the “CA” at the end, sometimes it can have 16 numeric digits, for example 7146998048092300.
If you lost your tracking number, Canada Post is unavailable to look it up for you. Canada Post does not keep records of shipments. The tracking number is only available on the package you sent and on your receipt.
Canada Post Domestic Parcels
For domestic parcels, Canada Post offers various postal services. Each parcel service has a slightly different shipping duration and may vary in terms of the type of package you can send out.
These are the following postal services Canada Post offers for domestic parcels:
- Regular parcels - expected delivery from 2 to 13 business days
- Expedited parcels - for businesses only. Expected delivery time from 1 to 13 business days
- Xpresspost - strictly for parcels and documents only. Delivery time from 1 to 2 business days or 7 days in remote areas
- Priority - next day delivery and 7 business days for remote locations
Canada Post International Package Tracking
Canada Post offers 6 types of international package services:
- Light Packets with maximum 500g and 380 mm × 270 mm × 20 mm dimension. The shipping time can not be guaranteed. If it is lost or delayed, there is no way to track it down or investigate it if the package is lost.
- Small Packets available for air and surface shipment services. The packets can weigh no more than 1 kg (USA) and 2 kg (International). If it is lost or delayed, there is no way to track it down or investigate it.
- Xpresspost-USA and International with no more than 30 kg (USA) and 20 to 30 kg (depending on the international destination). Transferred to the US Postal Service/other postal administrations as Priority Mail Express/EMS.
- International Parcel is available for both air and surface shipment service. The shipping time cannot be guaranteed.
- Priority Worldwide has collaborated with FedEx. Deliveries are made overnight to the US and over 220 other countries. Parcels can be tracked and picked up by the recipient in 2–3 business days.
- Expedited Parcel USA offers the Canada Post rates cheaper than the standard international one. Sent to the USPS as Priority Mail.
To keep track of the current information related to location, time or the status of the package shipped internationally, you can utilize our Canada Post tracking for international parcels.