It has been an outstanding week for startups in the e-commerce, logistics and supply chain space. In this week’s Ecosystem Funding Roundup, we are thrilled to feature 6 of their outstanding achievements:
Byrd Series C Funding
Byrd is an e-commerce fulfillment platform that provides retailers with scalable logistics solutions as an alternative to Amazon. The European startup has closed a $56M Series C, bringing its total funding within the last 10 months to a whopping $75M. According to their statement, the funds will be used for geographic expansion, getting new hires, and development of new tools to broaden Byrd’s service offerings.
- Year Founded: 2016
- Founders: Alexander Leichter, Christoph Krofitsch, Petra Dobrocka, Sebastian Mach
- Location: Vienna, Austria
- Latest Funding: $56M Series C
- Lead Investors: Cambridge Capital
Faire Series G Funding
Faire is an online wholesale marketplace that leverages machine learning to bridge the gap between independent retailers and suppliers worldwide. Today, the platform has helped connect more than 450,000 retailers and 70,000 brands from over 100 countries. With the additional $416M from its Series G extension, the company will invest in product development and continue supporting the growth of its community.
- Year Founded: 2017
- Founders: Daniele Perito, Jeffrey Kolovson, Marcelo Cortes, Max Rhodes
- Location: San Francisco, United States
- Latest Funding: $416M Series G
- Lead Investors: Sequoia, Y Combinator
Stord Series D Funding
Stord is a cloud supply chain firm that has just completed a $120M Series D that was announced in September. On a mission to make supply chain a competitive advantage for its customers, Stord empowers brands to build warehousing and logistics solutions that are sophisticated, agile and integrated. The company has grown from 400 to over 700 employees over the last six months, with plans to reach 1000 by the end of the year.
- Year Founded: 2015
- Founders: Jacob Boudreau, Sean Henry
- Location: Atlanta, United States
- Latest Funding: $120M Series D
- Lead Investors: Franklin Templeton
Zozio Seed Funding
Zozio is a French AI-powered startup that is revolutionizing the world of logistics in the industrial sector. Founded in 2019, Zozio enables firms to optimize the flow of their factories through the collection, visualization and analysis of real-time data. Working with the likes of L’Oréal and Renault, Zozio has plans to further enhancef its offerings across Europe by using the €4M seed funding.
- Year Founded: 2019
- Founders: Bastien Triclot, Fabrice Jutteau
- Location: Paris, France
- Latest Funding: €4M Seed
- Lead Investors: Capricorn Partners
GoKwik Series B Funding
E-commerce enablement firm GoKwik has raised $35M in a Series B round co-led by Think Investments and RTP Global. Headquartered in New Delhi, the firm is currently working on an enablement stack that will help nurture the e-commerce sector. The fresh capital will hence be useful for the development of these new solutions, as well as to recruit new talent across the tech, product and data science teams.
- Year Founded: 2020
- Founders: Ankush Talwar, Chirag Taneja, Vivek Bajpai
- Location: New Delhi, India
- Latest Funding: $35M Series B
- Lead Investors: Think Investments, RTP Global
Mothership Venture Funding
Mothership is an on-demand delivery platform that is “modernizing the antiquated freight industry.” Through the combination of its growing marketplace, route optimization algorithms and shipment tracking technologies, the Austin-based firm provides retailers with reliable same-day deliveries. With the $76M raised in an undisclosed round, Mothership has plans to ramp up its hiring efforts and expand its services to a nationwide network. uu
- Year Founded: 2017
- Founders: Aaron Peck, Gregg Luskin
- Location: Austin, United States
- Latest Funding: $76M Series Undisclosed
- Lead Investors: Undisclosed
A huge congratulations to all the companies mentioned and we are looking forward to witnessing your growth in the months to come!