It has been yet another great week for startups in the e-commerce, logistics and supply chain space. In this week’s Ecosystem Funding Roundup, we are thrilled to feature 7 of their amazing accomplishments:
ChannelEngine Series B Funding
ChannelEngine is the leading platform that connects brands to the global network of international marketplaces and sales channels. With data and analytics at its core, the Leiden-based startup provides merchants with tools such as automated repricing and stock management. Through the $50M funding from its recent Series B, the company will continue to develop its capabilities, bringing it one step closer to its ambition of becoming the world’s largest e-commerce operating platform.
- Year Founded: 2015
- Founder(s): Jorrit Steinz
- Location: Leiden, The Netherlands
- Latest Funding: $50M Series B
- Lead Investor(s): Atomico, General Catalyst
Licious Series F Funding
Licious is a Bengaluru-based startup that specializes in an unmatched range of meat, seafood and other fresh animal proteins. Built on a farm-to-fork business model, the company has been able to build differentiation across all dimensions including technology, product quality and consumer engagement. As an extension of the Series F announced last year, Licious has raised an additional $150M in what appears to be a move towards an initial public offering.
- Year Founded: 2015
- Founder(s): Abhay Hanjura, Vivek Gupta
- Location: Bengaluru, India
- Latest Funding: $150M Series F
- Lead Investor(s): Amansa Capital, Kotak PE, Axis Growth Avenues AIF – I
Bazaar Series B Funding
Bazaar is on a mission to build what it calls an “operating system for traditional retail” in Pakistan. In just two years, it has amassed approximately 5 million small and medium-sized enterprises across the country. Following the latest $70M Series B, the company is looking to scale its lending offerings, explore new product lines and also expand into more cities across Pakistan.
- Year Founded: 2020
- Founder(s): Saad Jangda, Hamza Jawaid
- Location: Karachi, Pakistan
- Latest Funding: $70M Series B
- Lead Investor(s): Dragoneer Investment Group, Tiger Global
Upscalio Pre-Series B Funding
Upscalio is a next generation, data-driven consumer goods company that is focused on helping e-commerce businesses unlock wealth. Over the last 9 months, the Thrasio-style platform has assembled a portfolio of 13 brands including Polestar and Green Soul Ergonomics. In a Pre-Series B round led by Gulf Islamic Investments, Upscalio has secured $15M to invest in hiring across key growth functions and to partner with more brands in India.
- Year Founded: 2021
- Founder(s): Gautam Kshatriya, Saaim Khan, Nitin Agarwal
- Location: Gurgaon, India
- Latest Funding: $15M Pre-Series B
- Lead Investor(s): Gulf Islamic Investments
Bosta Pre-Series B Funding
Bosta is a prominent logistics firm that provides a full-stack delivery solution for e-commerce businesses. Since its inception in 2017, the company has already delivered more than 10 million shipments and has plans to reach 1 billion by the end of 2025. Bosta recently announced its expansion to Saudi Arabia after completing an undisclosed Pre-Series B featuring Hassan Allam Holding and Khwarizmi Ventures as its lead investors.
- Year Founded: 2017
- Founder(s): Mohamed Ezzat, Ahmed Gaber
- Location: Cairo, Egypt
- Latest Funding: Undisclosed Pre-Series B
- Lead Investor(s): Hassan Allam Holding, Khwarizmi Ventures
Bloom Seed Funding
Bloom is an artificial intelligence software company that optimizes product photography using a single line of code. The powerful software enables e-commerce brands to track consumer behavior on-site and increase conversions by surfacing the most compelling and personalized images as possible. With the seed funding of $1.1M to fuel its launch, the company hopes to become an essential layer in the e-commerce tech stack.
- Year Founded: 2021
- Founder(s): Aarlo Stone Fish, Sam Dundas
- Location: New York, United States
- Latest Funding: $1.1M Seed Funding
- Lead Investor(s): Inovia, AIX Ventures
Wasoko Series B Funding
Wasoko, formerly known as Sokowatch, is a Kenyan startup that is leveraging technology to revolutionize the informal retail supply chain. After raising $125M in what it claims to be the largest non-fintech venture round in the region, the company is now targeting further expansion and growth. Alongside the new funding, Wasoko also revealed its launch in a number of West African locations, namely Abidjan, Côte d’Ivoire and Dakar, Senegal.
- Year Founded: 2013
- Founder(s): Daniel Yu
- Location: Nairobi, Kenya
- Latest Funding: $125M Series B
- Lead Investor(s): Tiger Global
A huge congratulations to all and we are looking forward to witnessing your growth in the months to come!