In Episode #116 of Leaders in Supply Chain and Logistics Podcast, Radu Palamariu, Managing Director Asia Pacific of Alcott Global interviewed Asger Lauritsen, Group Executive Management and CPO Supply Chain & Manufacturing at FLSmidth.
Listen to the full episode here.
Key highlights of this episode:
- Asger’s career from running businesses to having a broad portfolio
- What helped Asger navigate many different career, scopes of jobs and geographical locations
- Reducing the number of suppliers from 15,000 to 7,500, with 90% of the business belonging to just 1,400 suppliers and the challenges along the journey.
- How digitalisation, AI and robots are likely to replace the one system-wide systems from Oracle, SAP or similar.
- Career advice and being curious
According to Asger, one of the most rewarding things about his job is when the operations go as smoothly as possible- “no noise is good noise”. On-time delivery is not just a process that organizations are trying to achieve, for them, it is also a promise; a handshake to the customers that you will be able to deliver products on the day they expect it to arrive. Having people focus on their day-to-day business to fulfill that promise is rewarding enough because there’s nothing more satisfying than seeing your customers happy with your service.
About Asger Lauritsen
Asger Lauritsen is a Group Executive Management, Chief Procurement Officer – Supply Chain & Manufacturing at FLSmidth, having responsibility over end-to-end supply chain functions.
He has over 20+ years of operations, procurement, manufacturing, supply chain, innovation and project experience from large complex engineering, process and transportation companies. Having also previously held executive roles in Norden as double hatting CPO and CTO.
As well as several positions in Maersk, from general manager, to heading IT, operations and in his last role, being chief procurement officer FLSmidth is one of the leading suppliers of engineering, equipment and services to the cement and mining industries globally with more than 13,000 employees. Every year, they have 750K supplier deliveries and 250K customer deliveries.